Business Association Expert
POST REF NO (AP/Com02/03)
The Aqaba Community and Economic Development (ACED) Program is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded program, benefiting the people and businesses of Aqaba. The ACED Program seeks to recruit a Jordanian short-term “Business Association Expert”. The assignment will be in Aqaba for a maximum of 100 work days.
Education, Experience and Required Skills
· Must be a Jordanian citizen
· University Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Tourism or other relevant field.
· At least five years marketing experience with SME, NGOs and private sector development, with proven experience in professional associations
· Experience in the tourism sector is highly appreciated
· Previous experience with USAID regulations is an advantage.
· Fluency in English and Arabic, with strong writing skills in English
· Review and update the associations’ work plans as needed
· Supporting and on-the-job training of the administrative and operational staff on documentation of activities
· Drafting internal systems and operating procedures
· Providing value added services to the members and the tourism sector in Aqaba such as training, quality, safety and environment related initiatives, and customer feedback and satisfaction initiatives.
· Implementing the associations’ planned promotion and marketing activities for the associations and their members
· ensuring the development of the two associations’ websites
· Securing additional funds for the associations to implement additional value-added programs
· Preparation of position papers and studies on sector-related issues
· Networking with members, local communities and other stakeholders
Interested applicants must submit a CV and a cover letter to: HR@aced-jordan.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or to Fax: 201 7760, by January 10, 2012, 09:00 am indicating the Post Ref. No. (AP/Com02/03) in the subject line. Only Short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Alternative Power & Green Practices Consultant
Ref. No. (AP/Com03/03)
The Aqaba Community and Economic Development (ACED) Program is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded program, benefiting the people and businesses of Aqaba. The ACED Program seeks to recruit a Jordanian short-term Consultant in “Alternative Power & Green Practices”. The assignment will be in Aqaba for a maximum of 30 work days over a period of two months.
· Map existing energy generating practices at camps in Wadi Rum/Disi area.
· Design and develop a proposal suggesting the most appropriate alternative method(s) to generate power for the remote camps.
· Propose different scenarios/options for environmental friendly power generation.
· Design and develop a list of standards and specifications for “environmental friendly” equipment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, environmental science or other related field.
· Minimum 6 years’ experience in the field of alternative and/or renewable energy.
· In depth knowledge of international alternative power generating solutions in similar environments.
· Familiarity with Wadi Rum and Disi area is a plus.
· Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and spoken.
Interested applicants are to submit CVs and cover letters by email to HR@aced-jordan.com and email@example.com indicating the Post Ref in the email subject line by December 25, 2011. The detailed scope of work will be sent upon request to interested applicants.
The Aqaba Community and Economic Development (ACED) Program is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded program, benefiting the people and businesses of the Aqaba Special Economic Zone (ASEZ). The ACED Program seeks to recruit the following:
A. HR Experts Main responsibilities (REF: HR /03) (35 working days each)
§ Review all relevant documents such as ASEZA’s law, regulations, instructions, work procedures/processes maps, departmental statements, previously developed job descriptions, and competency frameworks.
§ Develop quantitative and qualitative Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all job titles that are in line with ASEZA strategic direction plan and divisions/units approved action plans.
§ Coordinate with the Subject Matter Experts with respect to developing and updating job description, KPIs, and competency framework, as needed.
§ Review and develop job descriptions and competency framework and ensure they capture position information and requirements in a complete manner.
§ Validate job descriptions, KPIs, and competency framework with ASEZA’s representatives, incorporate input as needed and finalize job descriptions.
§ Create competency identification and maintenance guide to be utilized by ASEZA for future needs.
Education, Experience and Skills
§ Jordanian National.
§ University degree in in Business Administration or similar fields. Masters degree is preferred.
§ At least 10 years of professional working experience in organization development and HR with at least of 4 years in public sector, and/or special economic zones.
§ Ability to document and produce complex reports in a clear and concise manner in Arabic and English.
§ Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
B. Subject Matter Experts (REF: SM /04) (10 working days each)
Additional C.Vs for Subject Matter Experts are needed to help the HR experts in reviewing and identifying job description, KPIs and Competencies in the following areas:
Environment, Infrastructure and Public Transportation.
Interested HR experts and Subject Matter Experts are requested to submit their C.Vs by email to HR@aced-jordan.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by December 8, 2011, 16:00 Hrs, and obtain the detailed scope of work (SOW) for the assignment indicating the Post Ref in the email subject line.