The Aqaba Community and Economic Development (ACED)
Program is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded
program, benefiting the people and businesses of the Aqaba Special Economic
Zone (ASEZ). The ACED Program seeks to recruit a Jordanian short-term Financial
Advisor to be based in Aqaba for a period of 4 to 6 months (max of 90
work days), who can advise on the best practices of finance processes and
provide TA and advice to ASEZA Financial Director in implementing the Oracle
Financial module. This Advisor will be part of a team that consists of one
business analyst and one finance business process management specialist working
with ACED and ASEZA staff to support the ASEZA efforts meant to document and
reengineer all of its finance processes which will enable the proper design and
implementation of the financial modules of ASEZA Oracle upgrading project.
To achieve the delivery of this assignment the Finance
Advisor, in close coordination with ASEZA finance director, ACED Program Area 1
Leader, and the Process Improvement and Oracle consultants, will perform the
- Review all existing documentation related to ASEZA’s financial issues including, but not limited to: the ASEZ law, ASEZA budget, ASEZA financial statements, ASEZA financial models, ASEZA revenue enhancement report, etc.;
- Revise and reengineer ASEZA chart of accounts, financial statements, cost and profit centers, Accounts payable and receivable, General Ledger, budgeting process, financial reporting and all relevant financial procedures;
- Ensure that ASEZA financial systems, procedures and documents comply with Government of Jordan and international best practices;
- Provide assistance to the Process Improvement and Oracle consultants to produce the new process maps according to the new recommended financial processes;
- Develop ASEZA financial manual that includes all processes, work instructions and procedures implemented in ASEZA. The manual shall include all relevant documents, forms and vouchers used in ASEZA;
- Fine tune ASEZA Budgeting process; and
- Manage efforts that aim at restructuring and building the capacity of ASEZA Finance Directorate.
- University degree in financial management, public finance, accounting or similar fields. Masters degree is preferred, and CPA is a plus.
- At least 12 years of professional working experience as a financial management consultant preferably in a public context. Financial auditing experience is a plus.
- Sound knowledge in financial and accounting systems for governmental entities, development corporations or economic zones in Jordan or similar countries. Working in automated financial ERP/Oracle systems is essential.
- Well organized, able to work independently, skilled at handling multiple tasks, and able to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to document and produce complex reports in a clear and concise manner in Arabic and English.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
Interested applicants are to submit their CVs and cover letters by email to HR@aced-jordan.com and email@example.com indicating the Post Ref (REF: FIN-ADV/01) in the email subject line by June 12, 2011, 16:00 Hrs. For further information and full scope of work please check our website at: www.aced-jordan.com