Tourism Manager Vacancy
Vacancy in Aqaba
POST REF NO. (AP/COM01/06)
The Aqaba Community and Economic Development (ACED) Program is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded program, ending in October 2012, benefiting the people and businesses of the Aqaba Special Economic Zone (ASEZ). The ACED Program seeks to recruit a Jordanian full-time Tourism Manager to be based in Aqaba. The Tourism Manager will help to create an enabling environment to ensure the success of the tourism sector, and attract potential investors to realize the vision of the Aqaba Special Economic Zone (ASEZA) for tourism development in the ASEZ with specific emphasis on tourism marketing and promotion.
Main responsibilities of the Tourism Manager
· Ensure all marketing activities are in line with the Aqaba Marketing/Promotional Strategy to achieve targets;
· Manage the Tourism Directorate’s budget to ensure the timely and effective use of resources in line with budget;
· Manage and motivate the Tourism Directorate staff to ensure their commitment in achieving its objectives;
· Select and supervise staff in the Tourism Directorate to undertake promotional activities in domestic and international marketing;
· Coordinate with other ASEZA Directorates and Divisions to deliver competitive and sustainable tourism products;
· Identify tourism product gaps and communicate them to the investment directorate to attract potential investors;
· Direct tourism training and awareness activities to enhance quality of service delivery by the public and private sectors;
· Coordinate with transport and tour operators to improve accessibility to Aqaba;
· Facilitate the work of all ACED Program experts including the creation of promotion and event plans.
· Support the newly established hotel and diving associations.
Education, Experience and Required Skills
· Must be a Jordanian citizen
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in the hospitality industry, tourism, or relevant fields.
· 7- 10 years of working in leading position related to tourism running large budget tourism marketing campaigns.
· Good reporting and presentation skills.
· Proficient with computer applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
· Excellent communication and team working skills.
· Fluency in both English and Arabic (spoken and written).
Interested applicants must submit their CV with a cover letter to HR@aced-jordan.com or email@example.com. The deadline for sending your application is June 13, 2010, 16:00 Hrs. Only Short-listed applicants will be contacted.